Tuesday, October 15, 2013

sponsor spotlight: stacey of grace believer

hello everyone! i am so, so, SO excited for todays blog post. why? because today i get to do my very first ever sponsor spotlight!!!! just like a legit professional blogger!!!! is this even real life?

anyways, id like you to meet poverty luxes very first sponsor (and my very new friend) stacey:


in addition to being an all around nice lady, stacey blogs about her daily life over at grace believer. ive had a really great time getting to know her over the past month or so, and for her sponsor feature, i decided to ask her a few questions so that you folks could get to know her too!

here we go:

why don't you start by introducing yourself to my readers?

Hello! My name is Stacey and I currently work as a high school English teacher and when I'm not busy working, I volunteer with an organization called Young Life. I have lived in Florida for almost my whole life and even graduated from a Florida university. In high school my life long dream was to play college soccer and then on to the Women's National team. But, life happens and you make the best of it :]

what got you into blogging?

I began blogging as a way for me to express myself in a new creative outlet. I have always been an avid writer in my journal but wanted to try something new with a community of like minded people.

what's your favorite part of blogging?

My favorite part of blogging is the community. It's crazy to be reading someone else's words and feel as if you could have written the same exact thing. Also, the encouragement you receive from other bloggers is incredible. 

what are your favorite blogs to read and why?

Poverty Luxe- duh! No, honestly, it is such a genuine read I sometimes catch myself wishing to be right there alongside the writer.
The Nectar Collective - Melyssa did a fantastic job designing my blog, she is a joy to work with. Also, whenever you visit her blog it's really down to earth and you feel as if you could talk to her about anything. A real friend across the oceans, ya know? 
A Beautiful Mess - 1. They're seriously famous. And 2. Their content is out of this world!
A Place to Dwell - Reading Katie's blog is the real reason why I started a blog. I read over her 29 Things (I think now 30) list and was instantly inspired to start sharing. She has an incredible heart for the Lord and I am constantly encouraged by her words. She releases her new e-book on October 8th, An Inspired Life.

what advice do you have for new bloggers starting out?

Be consistent. I have struggled with finding a "voice" and sometimes opt out of writing because I feel like someone else has, could have or will write it better than me. Build relationships with other bloggers and continue to be intentional about keeping those relationships. 

what do you like to do outside of blogging?

If I'm not blogging, I'm hanging out with my high school friends or reading! I love to be inspired by things outdoors, and I love nothing more than spending time with those whom I love. 

five random facts about you:

I was born in Seoul, South Korea
I have an identical twin sister
I really dislike mayonnaise and Ranch dressing
One place I'd like to visit most is New Zealand
I love old movies. 

isnt she just the sweetest? you can read more about staceys adventures on her blog, grace believer. and if you want to get to know her better, i highly reccomend following her on bloglovinfacebook, and twitter!

hope you all have a fantastic week, ill see you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment